Registration is open now
for July – August program
for July – August program
COVID-19 Restrictions and Responsibilities
The following restrictions and responsibilities shall apply to the students and the managements.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, must isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days.
- Anyone under the direction of the Provincial Health Officer to self-isolate must follow those instructions.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Note: Students must have face-masks and gloves with them. Without face mask no road test/driving lesson will be give and there will be no refund for that lesson or road test.
- Student must be dressed appropriately, and MUST always bring their Learner’s License.
- NO passenger is allowed in the car during the lesson, unless authorized by the instructor.
- Standby road tests will be charged the same as the above packages, accompanied with an additional $85.00/hr* after the initial waiting time of 1 hour.
- If the student decides to use their own car, there will be a $100* fee to have the road test booked by the school.
- To cancel or re-book your appointment for the road test, please contact us 72 hours prior to the road test.
- Students who do not cancel their lesson 24hr prior to the scheduled lesson time will not be refunded the fee for the cancelled lesson. If the fee was not paid in advance, the student will be required to pay on the next lesson.
- The student is responsible for the cancellation fee ($25.00) if they fail to inform 72hr prior to the road test, and they must inform his/her instructor.
- For road tests, all students must bring in 2 pieces of valid government issued identification along with his/her driving license (e.g. Passport, birth certificate, PR card etc.).
- Any remaining fees owed to the driving school MUST be paid prior to the road test.
- He/She must bring sufficient funds to pay for the ICBC road test. It costs approximately $35.00 for the class 7 license and $50.00 for class 5 license. When the student has passed, they should have another $75.00 to pay the licence fee.
- There are no refunds for any taken lessons.
24 hours cancellation notice is required. Any cancellation notice less than 24 hours from the date and time of your appointment will require the $60.00 for the one hour session and $90.00 for your 1.5 hours session.
Yoga for Seniors Can Help You Reduce Pain
Chronic pain is a common issue among seniors, especially the pain that’s associated with joint problems and arthritis. However, thanks to yoga, you can say goodbye to the pain. It’s a natural remedy for chronic pain. According to a study made by Sonia Gaur of the psychology department at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, it was proven that people who practiced yoga for 90 minutes, 3 times per week for 4 weeks, experienced a decrease in aches and pain. Also, most of the patients reduced their intake of pain medications.
Yoga for Seniors Boosts Your Brain Function and Cognitive Ability
Practicing yoga for seniors isn’t just good for the body but also for the brain in seniors. According to research made by a graduate student, Neha Gothe and her colleagues at the University of Illinois, it was discovered that doing yoga boosts brain function and cognitive ability. If you practice yoga 3 times per week for two months, it will improve your mental flexibility, improve memory, boost your brain function and cognitive ability.
What Do I Need to Know Before My First Class?
How to Act?
We have a few etiquette tips for you when it comes to yoga, although yoga etiquette varies from site to site. In general, it is suggested that you arrive 10 minutes earlier. Also, in order to keep the place hygienic, leave your shoes outside or put them in a bag before you enter the class. Turn your phone to silent mood or turn it off completely.
What does Blue Whale Yoga for Senior is offer?Small class sizes where your child’s individuality will be appreciated and nurtured A warm and fun environment where you and your child will feel valued
Classes led by a Certified Children’s Yoga Teacher
A learning program that progresses throughout the term by building on skills each week A focus on connecting children to nature and a respect for the environment
Types of classes
Blue Whale Kids Yoga offers four types of classes to cater for different age groups:
Junior | Primary | Teens | Family Yoga
Junior (3 to 5 yrs):
For younger children, yoga is taught in a fun and a relaxed way through music, rhyme, and yoga stories.
Primary (6 to 10 yrs):
For this age group, classes are a mix of drama, music, and yoga. Classes are still light-hearted and fun and include creative activities, games, and partner yoga. Children also learn yoga more deeply in these classes and are encouraged to learn and remember different poses and sequences.
Teens (11 to 15 yrs):
This older age group enjoys a more formal yoga class, and students are challenged to persevere and master different poses. Students are taught about the principles of yoga and are given tools to cope with stress and anxiety through teen-appropriate meditation and mindfulness exercises. These classes also include some fun drama-type games and partner yoga activities.
Family Yoga (parents & children):
This is a wonderful way for parents and kids to connect with each other and share their love (or discovery!) of yoga together.
What are the benefits of yoga and meditation for kids?
Through conscious movement and asana practice, children and teenagers can develop their physical strength, coordination, balance, and concentration. Yoga can also improve their confidence and self-esteem, as they discover all of the amazing things their bodies can do. Through mindfulness and meditation, children can relax and calm their busy minds. Carefully planned exercises can help them better understand their emotions, develop empathy, and cope with stress and anxiety.
$39+HST per week (60 min. class)